The trucking market in the United States continues to face challenges due to a capacity shortage. Adverse weather is increasing pressure on the already-stretched market.
As advised earlier, here are some of the key industry challenges:
• A healthy U.S. economy has contributed to a nationwide shortage of drivers
• A December 18, 2017 U.S. Federal mandate for implementation of ELD (Electronic Log Data) has reduced driver’s hours
• Congestion at terminals and ramps has limited drivers’ maximum productivity
• Increased street dwell has reduced chassis availability
• Space constraints have led to U.S. rail ramps to limit free time
• Increased risk for demurrage, storage, and detention due to capacity shortages.
Steamship lines and forwarders continue to seek solutions. Rate increases have been announced.
To reduce delays, we’d like to remind you of some simple tips:
• Make sure load sites are ready, to limit waiting times
• Consider flexible receiving dates / times at warehouse locations
• Plan early
Let us know how we can help make your project successful.